- FDA approved coinfections for both HCV and HIV-1 based on ASTRAL-5 clinical trial data.
- Hepatitis C treatments for genotypes 1, 2,3,4,5 or 6 without compensated cirrhosis could be treated with Epclusa.
- Epclusa is velpatasvir 100mg and sofosbuvir 400mg for 12 weeks, 84 tablets.
- 100 patients with HCV genotype 1-6 and HIV-1 were treated with Epclusa for 12 weeks and antiretroviral therapy.
- 86% were male age 57 years old.
- Most common adverse events were fatigue and headache.
Generic Epclusa is available here.