- Iran has made considerable progress to curtail hepatitis C infections. The rate of growth has been down to less than 1%.
- Comparable nations like Pakistan 5.5%, Tajikstan 5%, Saudi Arabia 7.5% and Kuwait 5%.
- Most people that get infected in this region may or may not be from IV drug use. Most probably medical/dental procedure or through blood transfusion.
- Hepatitis B has considerably dropped in Iran. Approximately to less than 2% from the rate of 3% in in the 1980’s.
- Hepatitis B has a vaccination that can prevent this deadly infection. Iran has given out approximately 100,00 to 200,000 free vaccinations.
- Tenofovir alafenamide or TAF will be imported in 2018 to treat HBV infection. It is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
Many hepatitis C patients from Iran purchase hepatitis C treatments from SunnyPharma.org in Bangalore, India